On the evening of November 5, 2023, with the blessing of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill of Moscow and All Russia, the miraculous Feodorov Icon of the Mother of God, the main shrine of the Kostroma land, was moved to the recreated Epiphany Cathedral of the Kostroma Kremlin.
The Feodorov image of the Queen of Heaven after his appearance in Kostroma (late 50s - early 60s of the XIII century) was kept in the first Kostroma Kremlin, destroyed by fire in 1413. Shortly after the fire, a new (second) Kremlin was built on the site of the modern Kremlin with the Assumption Cathedral, originally wooden, and from the first half of the XVI century — stone; here the Feodor icon of the Mother of God stayed from the 10s of the XV century until 1929.
In 1929-1991, the miraculous icon was kept in Kostroma churches: St. John the Theologian Church on Katkina Hill, St. John Chrysostom Church, the Resurrection Cathedral on the Lower Debra. Since 1991, the icon has been located in the Epiphany-Anastasia Cathedral (the former cathedral) of the convent of the same name in Kostroma. The revival of the Kremlin led to the return of the main shrine of the Kostroma land to its historical place.
In the near future, a new canopy will be made for the miraculous Theodore icon of the Mother of God, now residing in the Epiphany Cathedral.